- Mathematics and Statistics Education, Applied Probability and Statistics, Markov Processes, Bayesian Statistics, Evolutionary Population Dynamics, Statistical Signal Processing, Sabermetrics
- My current research (under the advising of Dr. Burt Simon) is in the development and statistical analysis of evolutionary population dynamics models.
- I enjoy mentoring undergraduate research projects. The most recent project was analyzing our department's instructor evaluations (presentation slides) with two undergraduate economics majors. If you're an undergraduate interested in working on a research project, feel free to email me!
- "Numerical solutions and animations of group selection dynamics" (2012) (with Burt Simon), Evolutionary Ecology Research, 14: 757-768. (pdf)
- Did Umpire Phil Cuzzi cost the Chicago Cubs Game 1 of the 2015 NLDS? (presentation slides and report)
- A Survey of Recent Genetic Development in Ant Social Polymorphism (report)
Haoyue, Lilong, and I presenting our research on course evaluations.
Research and Creative Activities Symposium, University of Colorado Denver. April 2017.